Delta 1010 Problem/question

JC Lives

Hello to all. It has been a long time since I have been here.

Anyway, to the reason for my post. I just received my brand new Carillon Audio computer yesterday. I popped the cover and installed my brand new Delta 1010. When I tried playing an MP3 file that was included with my system, it sounded as if I was playing a scratched CD.

I am new to computer recording and am unaware of what the problem might be.

My system:
P4 1.7 GHZ processor
Intel D845WNL (SDRAM) mobo with solano 815e chipset
ATI Rage Pro 32mb video card
1gb PC-133 SDRAM
2 - ATA100 Seagate drives (20gb opsys) (40gb audio)
Win2K

This computer is really sweet. When it is turned on, you hardly even know it because it is so quite.

You can check them out at:
http://213.219.49.126/index.html

Any help that anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Peace
Joe

the problem may actually be the P4. i installed my delta 1010 on a P4 system the other day when i was helping someone with their system, the audio sounded like ass. all poppy and like you said, like a scratched cd. i wanted a Carillon Audio computer but since they only use P4's i didn't order one. i had my dad custom build me one, and after i finnish the case its gonna be even quieter than the Carillon cases are. use your multitrack software and see if the audio still sounds bad or not. did you just leave the default settings on the delta 1010? what OS and what drivers do you have?

I did leave the defaults set up. I am wondering if it might be the buffer setting. I also am just using the drivers that came with the card. I downloaded the latest driver of midimans website today and will install them tonight.

I am running win2k.

Back