Delta 1010 driver install

Flash

Hey Guys, I just received my Delta 1010 from musiciansfriend. I'm running Sonar 1 at the present time. I went to M-audio and picked up the latest driver. It's an exe file called Delta_WMD_5.10.00.0048a. Sometimes I get confused on driver installs. I have not installed the card yet. When I do XP will tell me it found new hardware, and ask for a disk..... I don't want to load the disk that came with it because it is probably old. O.K. to my question.... can I run the exe file before I install the card and XP will find it automaticly or what do you recommend? I don't want to load all the stuff that came with it as I use Sonar. Can someone shed some light for me? Thanks.....

just install the card...when xp ask's for the drivers.....cancel cancel cancel!

once into desktop...run new drivers

Without wishing to confuse, you can also run the driver .exe BEFORE fitting the PCI card. When it's finished it asks if you want to shut the pc down to fit the card. After fitting, you do let Windows install automatically, and accept the warning that the driver files aren't certified.

I did the cancel thing and it worked out fine. It did tell me that it didn't qualify for the windows logo though. Everything seems to be ok though. Thanks.....

I just did this today and it worked fine. When I go to the control panel though...the area to turn up the speakers is gray....is this because I don't have my speakers plugged in? I'm waiting till I get some good TRS jacks.

Also, is there something special I have to do to listen to music? Like, just regular CD's that I put in the CD player or MP3's or whatever.

your h/w control panel is how you control the delta volume now...no theres nothing special you need to do....it will play out of the 1 and 2 outputs of your delta 1010

Back