delta 1010 and mpower protools????

wp001

the demo version of mpowerd protools wont start up. every time i do it say "cannot locate hardware. make sure it is connected and turned on". the interface works perfectly fine with cakewalk audio pro 9

ssscientist said:
MPowered Protools only recognizes the newer MAudio interfaces.

i believe the recognition of the deltas is linked to the driver version-- do you know different? :confused:
i checked it out because i got a used delta off this board, and am thinking of putting together a backup m-powered computer. the m-audio driver downloads page seems to indicate that the next to most recent driver update is what makes m-powered recognize the hardware.

kojdogg said:
i believe the recognition of the deltas is linked to the driver version-- do you know different?
I did a little snooping around the MAudio web site and here's a LINK to their driver download page.

And they have a new driver for the Delta 1010 that works with MPowered pt.

Makes a whole lot more sense than making everyone who wants to use protools to buy new hardware, which sounds like a trick digidesign would've pulled a few years back...

ssscientist said:
I did a little snooping around the MAudio web site and here's a LINK to their driver download page.

And they have a new driver for the Delta 1010 that works with MPowered pt.

Makes a whole lot more sense than making everyone who wants to use protools to buy new hardware, which sounds like a trick digidesign would've pulled a few years back...

its strange the m-power came with the interface like its a demo but it never worked with the driver it came with. i just updated the driver. it works now.

On a related note, I've got a 1010 and have been looking into purchasing "ProTools M-Powered" for it. The main reason would be to make it easier to exchange projects with other AE's/studios, if I wanna track at home then mix somewhere else or vice versa.

Would this work?

*edit: "What's more, sessions created with Pro Tools M-Powered software will open on Digidesign Pro Tools|HD® and LE systems, giving users instant compatibility with countless Pro Tools–equipped project and professional studios around the world."

Last edited:
steve.h said:
On a related note, I've got a 1010 and have been looking into purchasing "ProTools M-Powered" for it. The main reason would be to make it easier to exchange projects with other AE's/studios, if I wanna track at home then mix somewhere else or vice versa.

Would this work?

*edit: "What's more, sessions created with Pro Tools M-Powered software will open on Digidesign Pro Tools|HD® and LE systems, giving users instant compatibility with countless Pro Tools–equipped project and professional studios around the world."

i dont know about HD but it should work

It will work but keep in mind that LE and MPowered have sample rate limitations, track# limitations, and none of the plug ins will work from TDM/HD.

"MPowered Protools only recognizes the newer MAudio interfaces."

delta 1010 is a m-audio interface....however i cant help you with that question sorry

Are you sure? I'm running Pro Tools at home, and I believe, from the last time I used it, the plug-ins I used were still in place after switching sessions from the studio back home. I used the waves diamond bundle. The systems up there are TDM & HD systems. Could be wrong though, I could have saved one from a TDM system and not an HD, but still.

I did run into limitations however due to the fact that the studio has 48 tracks or more, and at home I have like 4 channels only, so mixing down became a pain.

Mindset said:
Are you sure? I'm running Pro Tools at home, and I believe, from the last time I used it, the plug-ins I used were still in place after switching sessions from the studio back home. I used the waves diamond bundle. The systems up there are TDM & HD systems. Could be wrong though, I could have saved one from a TDM system and not an HD, but still.

I did run into limitations however due to the fact that the studio has 48 tracks or more, and at home I have like 4 channels only, so mixing down became a pain.

TDM (HD) systems can run RTAS plugins as well. If the plugins showed up and aren't disabled, then you probably opened the RTAS versions originally.
If you would have used the TDM/HTDM versions, or if you didn't own the plugins that were at the studio...when you brought them home they would have been disabled upon opening the session (unless Digi changed the newer versions of PT and converts them to RTAS for you).

Yeah, I got the same plug-ins at the studio at home. Though I rarely use plugins anyways... In studio G, they are HD 192's, I think there's like 3 or 4 of them. and I know studio A has pro tools hd-3 tdm systems. but thanks for clarifying that for me, I still need to get probably at least 24 more io's and I'll be fine at home

I had this exact problem, just installed the latest drivers and my soundcard is now not working at all. What the hell's going on?!!

hi
i bought a 1010lt, came with the m powered pro tools
same problems as you guys, had to update the drivers- got the pro tools to work after much fukking around- but then i had all these hassles with the card- often it would stop working and i would need to reboot- and that m powered pro tools thing seemed like a giant waste of time after all- pc plenty fast, lots of ram, no conflicts, all should be fine-im not as stupid as i appear but geez how the hell can anyone make music with that shit?
i uninstalled everything- ran driver cleaner- then installed the drivers for the 1010 that came with it. all working fine here for some months with audacity, reason and cool edit-

Last edited:
Back