Delta 1010 and 44?

dumass

hey, this is a pretty stupid question, and i'm guessing i can, but if i already have a delta 1010 in my computer, so long as i have another pci slot, will i be able to put in a delta 44 to have a total of 12 tracks? would this greatly effect the speed of my computer?

also, i have my delta 1010 to playback only in left 1/2 and right 1/2, because thats all i need (just to the receiver which goes to monitors)...so if i got the 44, would i be able to have all 12 tracks playback through just two channels from the 1010?

The cards will recognise each other and they'll both be listed in the Control Panel. I think they'll sync OK, but I'm not sure how.

If you're going to record the extra 4 tracks simultaneously with the other 8, then yeh you will put extra load on your computer.

Playback through the 1010 will be fine, but while tracking, wouldn't you have to run the 44 Out 1/2 to the monitors to hear what's being recorded?

If you monitor the 1010 ins with its outs 1/2 patched from it's monitor mixer, the only way you will hear the 44 inputs is if the 44 is similarly setup, but it's outs 1/2 feeding 2 inputs of the 1010. You will only gain 2 inputs overall!
...Unless, you can mix the outs of each card before feeding to the monitors, or you don't need input monitoring from the cards during tracking because you feed from direct channel sends from a mixer, or use input monitoring provided from your multitrack software.

As to running these 2 Cards. M-audio have been heard to claim that a 44 card can sync by the drivers, although the M-audio website says you must connect cards either by wordclock or s/pdif to keep them in sync. As a 44 has neither external clock source, I have my doubts.
Have yet to see any claim by a user of multicard operation working with 44s although the driver is the same.
Can anyone confirm clockless multiple Deltas working?

Back