Delta 1010, amd 1600xp and which MB?

bobbo

I'm having a hard time researching and trying to decide on which motherboard to use with a delta 1010 soundcard. I'm hearing that via doesn't work well with it (causing pops and clicks).
Is anyone using this soundcard (or any delta series) with an amd type motherboard?
I hear an epox 8k7a might work with an AMD-761 chipset. I hate to say this but I would like the computer to be used for gaming too, so I'm looking for performance in both gaming and recording, with good compatibility with the delta 1010 I already have, which is becoming kind of hard to figure out.
I'm hearing the newer KT266A chipsets are supposed to be better performance for gaming, but if its going to make my DAW system obsolete I don't think I should go that route.
Any ideas? Thanks

c9-2001,
Thats a via chipset right? Did you need to do anything special to get the delta working on this? Or is this "delta's don't work with via chipsets" an old wives tale?

its the new via chipset. i'll find out if the delta 1010 works on it or not in a few days. but i had a delta 1010 working fine with the old via 133 chipsets

Back