Delighted

Vanhaye

Delighted
No musical instrument physically touched.
Every musical note is programmed.
I am a guitarplayer.......!
Steinberg Cubase el 9

I agree with Bulls, there are some nice passages, but the instrument voices sound absolutely like generic 1990s midi to me. Of course, if it's midi, there's nothing to prevent you from putting on really nice piano or string voices.

How did you program in the music? Most people seem to be using a keyboard of some type. Not being a keyboard player, I guess my only option would be to program them all on a staff using a mouse to click click click away. I no longer have the patience for such things, plus, I haven't really "read music" for 50 years. I would do better as a "hunt and peck" keyboard player.

I fall down that MIDI rabbit hole all the time :D
Mix sounds a little dull compared to your guitar recordings...

I agree with Bulls, there are some nice passages, but the instrument voices sound absolutely like generic 1990s midi to me. Of course, if it's midi, there's nothing to prevent you from putting on really nice piano or string voices.

How did you program in the music? Most people seem to be using a keyboard of some type. Not being a keyboard player, I guess my only option would be to program them all on a staff using a mouse to click click click away. I no longer have the patience for such things, plus, I haven't really "read music" for 50 years. I would do better as a "hunt and peck" keyboard player.
I'm also a guitar player, but when I program midi I use the Piano Roll (basically just a virtual keyboard, but with visuals for length of note, velocity, etc). I can't play keyboard, but I know the notes. So if I want a C chord, I just draw in C E G with the appropriate length (full measure, half measure, etc)

As for OP, I agree there are better sounds out there. The piece is pleasant, but kinda just lingers and doesn't really go anywhere. Nice to listen to though.

Back