Deleting junk files out of the audio pool??

enemyofthesun

In the audio pool how do I determine which fiels are old takes or trash? I need to make sure so I dont delete something important. Thanks for your help

When you delete files from the pool via automatic means, it will delete all waveforms that you are currently not using in your project.

So if you recorded a track, then deleted it then recorded another track in it's place .. it is this former garbage track that would be deleted from the pool.

If you have some tracks in the pool that you wish to keep ... it's best to load them up in an actual track in your project. Just mute the tracks you don't wish to use.

Hey, wasn't it crazy when you saw that your project took several gigabytes of space on your drive??? Blew my mind.

Wasn't it at that point where you contemplated buying a Tape backup system???

LOL.

~~~~~

Anyways .. i don't know about you, but when i clean my pool of all the garbage tracks, i find that my projects for the most part fit on a single CD.

Check out "Getting Started" p348. There are two strategies there, explained pretty simply, that each serve different purposes, but will accomplish what you are trying to do.

Chris

tvaillan said:
When you delete files from the pool via automatic means, it will delete all waveforms that you are currently not using in your project.

So if you recorded a track, then deleted it then recorded another track in it's place .. it is this former garbage track that would be deleted from the pool.

If you have some tracks in the pool that you wish to keep ... it's best to load them up in an actual track in your project. Just mute the tracks you don't wish to use.

Hey, wasn't it crazy when you saw that your project took several gigabytes of space on your drive??? Blew my mind.

Wasn't it at that point where you contemplated buying a Tape backup system???

LOL.

~~~~~

Anyways .. i don't know about you, but when i clean my pool of all the garbage tracks, i find that my projects for the most part fit on a single CD.

you sound like you know me and my situation.. did we talk on the phone? haha

again though.. in the pool how are junk files indentified???

They're not identified. Only you can decide whether or not a file is junk or not. There is a number beside the little speaker icon, though, that tells you how many times the file or segment is used. Check the page reference cited above in the Getting Started manual. It should answer this question for you.

Chris

if the file is used in the arrangement it will prompt you one of those "are you sure" kind of messages(I don't remember the exact syntax). If the file deletes without any prompts, than it is not referred to in your arrangement and it is safe to delete

Back