Deleting groups in protools le

KonradG

Medicated Member
how do i delete mixing groups? i cant individually edit tracks in a group and i cant delete the group. Im taking my music to an interested investment opportunity tonight and im making some last minute fixes. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Conrad

groups menu...you can disable/enable the groups you want by clicking on them. Or select the groups you want to delete, then in the groups menu choose Delete Selected

i have the original protools le version that came with my mbox 1. is this version not able to delete groups? if not, what the fuck is wrong with this thing. :confused:

am i going to end up importing ALL of the tracks into a completely different session???

WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT
thank you pro tools le

whoa now...calm down.
look in your manual man, if you don't know where the groups menu is located.

It's on the far left side under the track show/hide menu.

bennychico11 said:
whoa now...calm down.
look in your manual man, if you don't know where the groups menu is located.

It's on the far left side under the track show/hide menu.

best advice ever.

don't beat on the program cause you don't know how to use it!

it should be easier to find. i dont care if im new to this, its not even close to sonar as far as ease to use. till i get a record deal, i dont need pro tools. thanks for the help benny

KonradG said:
it should be easier to find. i dont care if im new to this, its not even close to sonar as far as ease to use. till i get a record deal, i dont need pro tools. thanks for the help benny

lol, well programs are going to be different than one another. Each program has different features and each program has them located in different places. And each takes time to learn. You're just used to using Sonar and expect things to be the same way.
When you learned about grouping, you should have learned how to turn grouping off as well. It's all in that group menu on the left side...it's actually very very simple. And your manual has all the information on how to run PT.

bennychico11 said:
lol, well programs are going to be different than one another. Each program has different features and each program has them located in different places. And each takes time to learn. You're just used to using Sonar and expect things to be the same way.
When you learned about grouping, you should have learned how to turn grouping off as well. It's all in that group menu on the left side...it's actually very very simple. And your manual has all the information on how to run PT.

I agree that once you've read all the manuals and conquered all of the tutorials and started a pro tools help forum, you will know how to group and ungroup tracks. I am not challenging your point. I am a musician, not an engineer. Bare with me here :)

Bottom left side of the screen. See that little arrow? Click on it! When it opens up there will be a list of your groups. From there you can "edit groups". It's sort of hidden but once you figure it out it's pretty simple. I would recommend "ProTools for Dummies". I know that sounds like I'm being a smart A$$ but I'm really not. The book is very helpful when starting out on ProTools.

KonradG said:

by the way, i wanted to thank you for your very manly neg rep :)

"eat a dick"

Very grown up of you. What are you, 13yrs old? next time, try not to be such a pussy and sign it ;) it just makes you look a bit (very) childish.

**** face.

I bought this new car....how do I drive it?....

freakin classic...

Since you're a musician,..not an AE,.. is one guitar companies pickup switch gonna be in the same spot as the other?

Watch the 'tude man..

(You can go ahead and give me negative rep, adds to my 'street cred')

:rolleyes:

-LIMiT

Back