deleted

I like them!

I like them, but I don't think I'd call it glam rock...sounds too good to be glam rock (when I think of glam rock, I think of David Lee Roth type stuff and Kiss - Big Hair and makeup etc)...Come and play - this sounds more close to The Arctic Monkeys...

Its all well produced imo and couldn't hear anything wrong with it through my headphones. I like the song writing, and it very much to me sounded like you succeeded in what you set out to do.

DoDoDo - this sounds like 80s pop rock in a way, I guess...Especially with the drums - are those sequenced/drum machine produced. They sound like they could be in places.

Maybe if anything at all, the drums are a little tinny in this second track and the crash seems to come through a little loudly at 227. I'm not sure though on second listen so def don't take my work for it.

All very party sounding... nice one mate!

Ben.

Lol. This is not Glam.

This is pretty garage-ish with a poppy-punk vibe. I like the mixes. Songs are pretty decent too. They sound pretty trashy and wild and mega-compressed like you'd expect from what you're going for. You're on your way.

Yes it is Glam! Not 80's though....
This is Bowie, Marc Bolan, Sweet, Slade etc. all pressed into one!:D
Today it's called alternative, but anyway....who cares? It's either good or bad, and this is very GOOD in my opinion. Nice and raunchy stuff! I've always been a big Bowie fan up until Scary Monsters and this sounds a bit like him around the Ziggy Stardust period. Great! :D

Joe :)

Great stuff!

I cant get my Beatcraft drums to sound like that. What kit are you using in Beatcraft? Im having a very hard time with that program, cant say I like it.

Mike

Glam was Bolan then Bowie then Slade, Wizzard, Gary Glitter, The Glitter band, Mud et al. Lots of stomping and handclaps added to big, simple choruses and a huge wall of sound.
You've tapped garage hair metal which was infamous for doing covers of glam.
Kiss and Van Halen were NO WHERE near the essentially pommie musical form except that they all dressed up.
What you've done does seem fun though.

Back