deleating hubis

Melody master

I posted a thread about no sound. I am now sure that hubis has something to do with the problem. I have tried using my old drivrs, but there is still no sound, and the hubis ports still show up in my midi ins and midi outs. I have looked in add/remove programmes, but it does not show hubis, and I have also tried deleating it from my hardisk, but still no joy. Is there a way to uninstall it? thanx

I don't know what 'Hubis' is, what is it?

If it is some type of card you plug into your motherboard, you could try booting in safe mode and looking for duplicate entries or ghost entries (I'll assume your running 95,98 or ME)

To get to safe mode, restart your computer, hit F8 just before it says "starting Win 9X" (when is 'just before') Just pound on the F8 key after it does the memory count. If it gives you a keyboard error select 'continue' and continue hitting the F8 key. Select option 3, safe mode.

In safe mode. Right click 'My computer', Select 'Properties'. Go to 'device manager' Look under appropriate catagories.. assuming it's some type of multimedia device, look under sound, video and game controllers. If it's listed in there delete it, look under other devices as well, it may be listed there as well. Reboot, it should redetect the 'humis' and reinstall the drivers for it.

That's a shot in the dark. A bit more detail as to what this Hubis' is should get you some more informed replies.

One other thought. If you go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Multimedia.

What is selected for prefered playback, prefered recording etc.?

Hubis also is included software with Samplitude 2496, but the experts at the Sekd forum don't recommend it. It's for Midi looping.
Chuck

Back