"Deeper (as it goes)" trippy funkish rock

Nice vocals but need to be louder for me. Nice lead vocal though! Very trippy, indeed. Love it!
~Bob
I always upload to Soundcloud because I can stream it right into my car and check my mixes on my car stereo system - while my wife is at doctor's appts or in the grocery store etc ... and I'm trying to be contstructive w/ the time.

Oddly, in the most recent two remixes (Long Days Passing Fast and Retrospectful), I got things pretty spot on ... but in this new project, all the mixes have vocals that are kind of too far under the bed, and my low end (particularly the kick) is WAY too forward.

Point being - we totally agree on that aspect.

Cool song - I don't think the vocals are too low - the song is cool till you change the rhythm - trippy but I don't know - Pink Floyd like - I think the piano is to normal.
Yeah - it kind of goes from Pink Floyd to Steely Dan. :D

Really like this one. Vocals up a dB. Why not? More than that? A coin toss. I like the way your stuff morphs.

Really like this one. Vocals up a dB. Why not? More than that? A coin toss. I like the way your stuff morphs.
Half a db, to be precise.

It was a bit bottom heavy. Plus I needed to bring the song features out slightly more prominently. I had the chorus guitars too recessed, the whole middle instrumental seemed too far back also -

... so kick and bass had to come down (3 db and 1 db respectively) ... this brings the vocal forward (more freq space/less low mud and greater clarity), so I only had to knock it up a half db to pocket it.

Chorus section guitars up a couple db.

Middle section orchestral instruments up 3 db

Synth at the end up a half a db

Horns up 2 db

... and that should do it.

New mix is up top. LMK - and thanks!!

Hi

Great song & takes a unexpected turn
love the trippy vibe & the brass takes it to the next level
good balanced mix in my opinion

subvibe

Back