Decided on Aardvark Direct Pro 2496, now what software?????

dinglewahaa

Thanks in advance for any advice. After a few weeks of research, I believe the Aardvark Direct Pro 2496 is the card for my needs. Now I need some input as to what software to use. Most web retailers I have found have bundled software with the 2496, and most, including the manufacturer's site offer Cubase LE, but there are a few that offer Cakewalk ProAudio 9 CD

http://www.futurestyle.org/archives/a/aardvark2496.htm

(or is this old news) also noted Cakewalk with it from Digital Pro Audio

http://www.aardvark-pro.com/direct_pro_2496.html

If in fact I am able to pick and choose the software based on the vendor, does anyone have any input as to which software package is better for the small solo artist new to recording digitally?

Thanks,
Brent

try the demoes of the following that i rate highly for little money. under 100 bucks.
ntrack,traktion,multitrackstudio.com, and the one i love powertracks at pgmusic.com. just ask at pg's powertracks forum the users if you think i'm lying or try pg's demo. but they are all great programs imho.

Thanks Manning1, I will check out some demos, however, I was thinking I would stick with either cubase LE or The Pro Audio 9 if either of them are any good ( mainly because one or the other should be bundled with the hardware. Do you know of or have you heard of the pros and cons with either of those programs? Either have more support? Ease of use? That kind of stuff...any help would be appreciated.

thanks again
Brent :confused:

dingle. its all personal preference.
i dont know how you want to work.
all i can tell you is the ones i listed are all great and i prefer them - just my way of working and my personal preference.
one thing i should say - all my personal preference. if your heavily into midi
features you must try powertracks demo. the other reason i like it is
lots of olug ins with presets are built in thus saving you buying plug ins.
the reason why i like multitrackstudio.com was that it was not populated with lots of confusing menus.
the reason i liked ntrack when i tried it was the ease of audio recording,
but i felt for the midi person needing all sorts of mid functions it was not there yet.
every program has pluses and minuses i'm sure your aware.
you will have to tell me how much of a midi centric person or audio centric person you are to comment further and what sorts of effects your looking for and features. ie: what would be your ideal environment.
in the interim try the demo of powertracks at least. it will run even
with junk on board pc sound and i would be surprised if it didnt keep you happy for years.

Thanks for the info on the demos. I think I have a better idea now. My set up is going to be mainly Acoustic/electric 6 and 12 strings guitar and vocals. I have an old Roland Juno 2 and will be using it as a midi controller when I figure that stuff out, :) But all in all just a small set up in the game room. Thanks again for your input.

Back