Dead Inside....revisited

I just listened to the latest mix. I think it sounds really, very good in it's current state. Well done joey.

btw Joe, I just burned a CD with a bunch of HR stuff on it to bump in my truck. The original mix, from this thread, of Dead Inside was on it and I was really thrilled with the low end on it. It was full and tight, not boomy - very, very nice :D. Now I gotta see how this latest mix stands up to the 'truck test' ;):cool:.

Cool Tune,

I never thought I'd say this for hard rock/ metal, but I'm finding the drums too aggresive, or maybe just sampled, is this a drummer with samples or a programmed kit?

- Finding the kick might be more suitable for deathmetal than a hard rock song, and I'd call this a hard rock song, not a metal tune, I'm finding it a little too clicky and thuddy for a hard rock tune, or maybe the bass has to be below the kick to give it some boom

- The snare is super aggressive with heavy early reflections, a lot of slap making it overpower the vocals.

If it were me I'd make the the vocals more aggresive by reducing the aggresiveness of the drums, pull down the snare track a bit or use a less aggresive snare and maybe mildly compress the drum track a little to glue the drums together a bit. In short I guess I'd say I'd make the vocals more of a focus than the drums

Cool Tune,

I never thought I'd say this for hard rock/ metal, but I'm finding the drums too aggresive, or maybe just sampled, is this a drummer with samples or a programmed kit?

- Finding the kick might be more suitable for deathmetal than a hard rock song, and I'd call this a hard rock song, not a metal tune, I'm finding it a little too clicky and thuddy for a hard rock tune, or maybe the bass has to be below the kick to give it some boom

- The snare is super aggressive with heavy early reflections, a lot of slap making it overpower the vocals.

If it were me I'd make the the vocals more aggresive by reducing the aggresiveness of the drums, pull down the snare track a bit or use a less aggresive snare and maybe mildly compress the drum track a little to glue the drums together a bit. In short I guess I'd say I'd make the vocals more of a focus than the drums

Thanx man, those are some interesting points. The drums are programmed an dthey are compressed. In fact they were more compressed in the first mix but I pulled it back cos there was too much attack and less body. I do like the kick and snare to be loud and prominent in my mixes, but you're right, this song can't really be described as metal. Ithink I'll let it lie for a while though, so I can come back to it with fresh ears. ;)

btw Joe, I just burned a CD with a bunch of HR stuff on it to bump in my truck. The original mix, from this thread, of Dead Inside was on it and I was really thrilled with the low end on it. It was full and tight, not boomy - very, very nice :D. Now I gotta see how this latest mix stands up to the 'truck test' ;):cool:.

Let it rip, Brad....!:D

It's good Joey. This one definitely grew on me. The best thing I like about this one is the choir of Joeys on the chorus. I'm pretty sure I listened to the newest update and I like the sound. Good jam.

It's good Joey. This one definitely grew on me. The best thing I like about this one is the choir of Joeys on the chorus. I'm pretty sure I listened to the newest update and I like the sound. Good jam.

Thanx a lot for listening Trump!
Yeah, you're right, I think this one needs time to grow on one, it's not as catchy as my usual stuff.

Back