De-esser plugin recommendations wanted

eichler said:
I need a de-esser plugin for Sonar 2.2XL. Anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
Waves has a pretty good one. However, if you want to save some $$$, just use a parametric eq with a narrow Q setting.

Re: Re: De-esser plugin recommendations wanted

dachay2tnr said:
Waves has a pretty good one. However, if you want to save some $$$, just use a parametric eq with a narrow Q setting.

Thought about trying that too - any frequency suggestions? 8K,10K,12K or higher?

mallcore pop said:
The new Waves de-esser's good. If you have a vst-dx adapter, Spitfish by digitalfishphones is free. I wouldn't do the parametric thing, though.

MP

ok - probably a dumb question but what is a vst-dx adapter and how do i get one (or do i already have one in Sonar 2.2.XL?)

db-Audioware has a de-esser included in it's mastering bundle. I believe it's only about $100.00 for the entire bundle, and it's good sounding stuff.

Have fun!
Terry Kingen

A vst-dx adapter allows you to run vst plugs in a dx application, such as Sonar.

Fxpansion has a good one. Cakewalk bought it, if I'm not mistaken, so it should be on their website.

Get it, and you can use plugs like Amplitube (awesome) and The Fish Fillets (free), which includes the Spitfish de-esser, the Floorfish gate/expander, and Blockfish, a neat compressor that actually enjoys squashing stuff.

MP

And if you just want to deal with VST-effects then the free VST-wrapper from SpinAudio might come in handy. You'll find it here... :D

Back