DD-602 midi drum set

raindogred

http://www.medeli.com.hk/products/dd/dd-602.htm
found this product floating around. The company that makes these is medeli and is chinese based. Have seen the whole set for sale here in Australia for like $800.00 australian. approx half the price of the cheapest roland set of midi drums. My buddy went and checked them out at the music store and said that the pads are only single zone and not multi zone etc etc.. and that I would be better off to save and get a 2nd hand roland kit or something like that.
I'm a complete midi drum newbie but I do know a bit about midi and drum programming and do use drumagog in audio drum recordings to replace poor sounding snares/kicks etc.

What are the things to look for in a set of midi drums??

what are these zones on the skin my mate was talking about. And

would this el cheapo kit do the job if I was prepared to swap out the poor quality samples for something like "drum kit from hell" CD library in cubase??

I am in the market for a midi kit due to an upcoming shift where I won't be able to make a lot of noise. So midi drums will have to be it.
any info appreciated

Single zone means that they probably only fire one sound. Most electric drums have a center sound and a rim sound. You will need a latency of 14ms or lower to play the drumsounds in your cubase in real time without becoming very aggravated.

Back