DC newbie, need to record aircheck/demo for DJ job, need DC local with studio for $:)

radiogirl

Hello ALL,
Hope this is the right forum. I've been in radio only about a year or so on air. I havent worked in about a year though So i need to burn a updated voice demo cd. just something simple with dry reads and a couple various voice tracks in different radio formats..nothing fancy. but i dont have a board or editing programs on my home pc...yet!
i was hoping to find someone in DC/MD/VA area who has equipment or home studio I could pay to help me burn a couple demos:)
If anyone is in DC area feel free to email me at radiogirl60@hotmail.com
or call 202 292 7234
Thanks Wendy:) :rolleyes:

Radio girl

you've been on for about a year but you haven't worked in a year?

Well first things first. Commit to your chosen format. Then make a demo, send it to the station(s) that match that format. The catch is - it's best to know exactly what you want to do and with who. Got any airchecks from when you were on? I'm sure you won't agree but those airchecks will represent you best. PD's will accept the "newbie" thing better if your cover letter keeps all of that info up front. Besides it'll be easy to explain why you don't have a more recent aircheck. If they are going to hire you they are going to hire you from what they asses. A created aircheck means you sound pretty cool but - how many takes were actually cut? Live on air and pre-recorded are somewhat different. The DC market is highly competitve but it's a "can do" market meaning - if you really want it, it's YOURS. I'll get my info together and post it up for you. There's a couple of options but it's best to be creative in terms of tackling your resources.

Another idea, call over to a radio station or two, ask for the person who does production. THey are always looking for a few extra bucks. Express to them what your mission is and your needs...and "pooF" you're in. Word of advice, have your stuff well rehearsed, this way you go in, record, edit, and produce.
Burn to CD! You're done! Copy your cd on a burner for future copies, file it to mp3 and your set for the next several months or atleast until you land work.
Apply for work at a lesser known station and a format you have NO interest in (AM, public radio, you know the dinky little ones) get a job in there helping out in production or something and "pooF" you 're in with access to a studio and on your off time cut your stuff! Like I said it can be done.

And note: for the money it'll cost you to get it done at some studio, you may be able to install some software, get a mic, add music and edit for less!

Do some research, head up to the Guitar Center in Rockville or better yet spend an evening on these forums and do some surfing .... you'll be surprised.

Hi

I found that a member asked same question in this forum some months ago.

Pls use search box to find this questions with comments

Back