DBX gear and a Sennheiser Mic

OneRoomStudios

I have a few things that I don't use much any more and I could use the cash, but I'll be sad to see them go. These may not be the most desirable pieces of gear in the world, but they do an incredible job for what they cost.

Stock DBX 163x compressor - Works great, easy to use, and sounds like rock and roll. I'll even calibrate it for you.............$75 OBO

Modified DBX 163x compressor - I replaced all of the signal caps with Wima films, replaced the opamps with high quality Burr Brown and other Texas Instrument opamps, replaced the VCA and RMS detectors with THAT CORP parts, rebuilt the power supply and tweaked the circuit until it sounded best. Fully calibrated to better-than-factory-specs. Sounds smooth and clean...a wolf in sheep's clothing......$125 OBO

Stock DBX 263x de-esser - It's like having the venerable DBX 902 for a fraction of the cost. Works great.........$75 OBO

Sennheiser e609 - This is the all black model, not the ice-picky "e609 silver" that goes for $100 all day on ebay. This is a great sounding mic. MUCH better sounding than the silver model. Sounds a lot more like a 409 than it sounds like the silver model. These are getting to be pretty hard to find, and they're one of the better amp mics out there......$175 OBO

I also have a half-rack mounting kit for one of the DBX units......$25 with one of the units.

$400 takes the whole kit-and-caboodle (that's $75 off, or a free DBX unit for those of you who aren't good with math).

I'm open to offers, but please don't low-ball me. Thanks,

Peter

In case anyone doesn't know, "OBO" means "or best offer." These items are some of the best bang-for-the-buck pieces of gear out there. I have used all of these on commercially released records recorded in professional studios. If you're looking for a good compressor or a good guitar mic, you're not going to find much better for less than twice the price.

In case anyone doesn't know, "OBO" means "or best offer." These items are some of the best bang-for-the-buck pieces of gear out there. I have used all of these on commercially released records recorded in professional studios. If you're looking for a good compressor or a good guitar mic, you're not going to find much better for less than twice the price.

I love the sound of the 163x's... I have two and also use them for Bass DI's...
I'm REAL tempted to get your modded one, but unfortunately, Santa is controlling the checkbook right now...

These are great offers on great gear... Someone should snatch these up to remove my temptation!

;)

Back