dbx 172 gate

Adam P

Does anybody here have any experience with the dbx 172 gate? Any opinions, comparisons, etc? What would you consider a fair price for an used one in good condition? I've found one for sale and may be looking to buy soon, but I thought I'd ask around first. Thanks a lot!

xstatic said:
If this is the "project one" series DBX gate, I would look for something else.

Nope, its this one:
230-0.jpg
(thanks, electrical.com)

bigtoe said:
i have one. keep the word down on em. shhhhh. i got one for 175.

:eek:

Thanks a lot!

That DBX Super Gate is generally considered one of the best gates ever made. If you need a gate and ahve a good price on it, you can't do much better.

Well I just picked it up today, for $155. Would you consider that a good price? I can't wait to try out, but probably won't get a chance to for a few days.

I did buy it used, so if anyone could point me towards an user manual or even copy one for me, it'd be very much appreciated.

Thanks again, guys.

Gate toms, most likely. Probably use the ducking feature on batter-side kick mic (ducked to snare) as well.

Thanks guys. All this positive talk is making me really excited to go home and try it out. I can't wait!

Adam P said:
Thanks guys. All this positive talk is making me really excited to go home and try it out. I can't wait!

if you don't like it - i'm down the road from you. i'll take it off your hands...you have a buyer.

i bet these start going up now. :( :mad:

:D

Mike

Back