DB25 connect to HD24 ?!

bileshake

I guess db25 for audio is Tascam's baby, mackie has it on the back ot their Onyx boards and i'm wondering if there is a db25 breakout cable to connect one of the said boards to the inputs of the Hd24? I know it sounds silly but these mackies don't have direct channel outs. Unless your expected to use the insert jacks.

Hosa makes one, so I'm sure much more highly regarded companies do too. Get ready to pay a pretty penny, though, unless you feel like soldering your own DB25 connectors.

The HD24 has 1/4" TRS inputs and ouputs. Hosa, ProCo, Whirlwind all have DB25-1/4"TRS cables. Depending on length, each 8 channlel snake should run you about $75. Actually HOSA will be more like $30/each.

Here's a link to the Hosa snake from Sweetwater:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DTP804/

It runs just under $60 for the shortest length they have listed. The downside is that Hosa doesn't generally come very well regarded. The upside is that it doesn't appear to use the molded plastic ends that a lot of Hosa snakes do, so it might be a little better value.

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting you go out and buy the Hosa cable. Just showing you that its available, and what you might expect to pay for one. Xstatic's stuff is Belden which is head and shoulders above.

Back