Davissound TB-2 Custom dual channel compressor - $750

vicenzajay

Selling my beautiful, custom made Davisound TB-2 compressor. It is enclosed in a gorgeous walnut enclosure and is 100% functional (including the LEDs). No problems with this unit at all - easily the smoothest solid state compressor I have EVER used or tried. Take a look at the specs here:

DaviSound TB-2 On-Line Manual

Of note, the unit pictured, is, I believe, my unit...simply stunning. I am not using it as much as I thought I would as my studio is doing more location recording and mixing, and I'm investing/using UAD products in a more ITB approach.

It sells (direct from davissound.com) for $995 before shipping. These pretty much never come up for sale used. For this custom, minty box I am firm on my price for $750 including shipping in the continental U.S. That price does NOT include any payment fees, so please contact me if you need to use Paypal so we can figure out a payment solution.

More pictures:

IMG_4661.jpg

IMG_4660.jpg

The Chameleon Lab is a very useful compressor - although it really requires some "dialing in" to treat the source correctly. So far, vocal buss treatment has been what I've liked it for primarily. I did not open it up and do any tube rolling (which I should do at some point...perhaps replacing the stock ones with some very nice NOS bits). If anything, you need to pay loads of attention to the "drive" setting as it can turn into a compressor/expander if you're not careful. It's not the compressor for catching the minute transients...i.e. it can sometimes amplify them...not a bad thing, just a "thing".

Still available and still minty....would make a superb Christmas gift to buy for oneself :-)

That being said - let me know what you have for trades....I could be talked into really nice microphones, for example...

If you are waiting for that 2-channel boutique quality hardware compressor/limiter done in a custom wood enclosure at a price that is ridiculously low....

This is it :-)

Back