DavidK Helps A Moron (again)

Very nice Chris.....I really like the added strings a lot. They sound fairly well mixed into the song to me.

Well, I'm way late for your help-needed deadline so no more comments from me...........

Well......maybe one more............

Nice Job. :)

Damn Counselor.....ya gotta get this one to a publisher.....

I remember this tune from a while back....very cool...strings are oh so cool and mixed well.....I have had the pleasure of having Dave and Heidi play on one of my tunes and they are without a doubt....fabulous players......I really like the depth that they add....

Cris,....this version is way better man......you don't need autotune (not that I could hear it in any of your other tunes.....)

The writing is top notch....great hook....passionate delivery to boot....good stuff man....

OK...the bad stuff....
bass seems soft and buried in the mix....almost not there at all....ya know?...............that's it......everything else sounds great....harmony vox is especially choice.....very cool man,

Take it easy,
Joe

this is a crackin good song

Firstly I lurve the tune Chris. Ofcourse i heard it before but thats not why it sticks so well. It great.

David and his fiddle. It really makes the song perfect. Don`t change it, bend it shape it anyother way. Perfect and georgeous.

Thanks

Erland

David, cheers by the way!

chrisharris said:
Of course, I'm actually supposed to get some more violin tracks from David soon...the guy's never happy, lol. [
Yup, probably tonight.

What I envision= one Cello, louder than this version, and two fiddles, on main lead and one harmony one, slightly panned with the cello dead center.

Since I am completely snowed in, I guess I have no excuses:D

Thanx Erland and everyone for the nice comments, but if it is up to me, you may have to listen to this tune one more time, when I do my super-dooper-party-pooper tracks tonight:cool:

THATS IT !!!

damn.......that's a good tune......bass may be a touch bit hot now but man-0-man....that's good..... :D

Last edited:
Strange... I tried to download the song two times. The song is only 4 seconds, Dec_Newest string.mp3.
Just the intro, and stop when violin get into it. :confused: Do I miss something here ?? I'll try download it again tonight... Damn, I'm so curious... Anything with Dave K in it, I must listen... :) Kinda his Big fans and virtual violin apprentice !!!

;)

James Argo said:
Strange... I tried to download the song two times. The song is only 4 seconds, Dec_Newest string.mp3.
;)
Hey man, you might give it another shot. I updated the file awhile ago, so it should read as "December (128) 2.28.03"

I'm downloading it now, and it seems to be huge enough, lol. It's like, over 5 minutes too, so there's THAT problem. Anyway, I'd be interested to know if you're able to get it. If not, I'm gonna' re-upload it, b/c one of my uploads was at 56kbps or something stupid like that, and my retarded self probably screwed something up.

Thanks,
Chris

Done... It works now... :) And I must admit...

I Love this stinky song!!!

...it's one of the best stinky song I've listened in the clinic !!! All parts contribute each other without masking. Very nice colaboration. 9 out of 10. I save the last one point for lack of percussion thingee. (...was there a tambourine ?) I guess you can make it a bit louder about +3dB ?. Add very deep reverb into the tambourine... faaar away but clear... hmmmm... :) Way to go guys... :D

Last edited:
James Argo said:
Done... It works now... :) And I must admit...

I Love this song!!!

...it's one of the best I've listened in the clinic !!!

Be careful man, the MP3 clinic censors are out in full force. Just say the song stinks, and we won't have any problems.:D

This song is not done, the December 2004 will be up next year...:cool:

James Argo said:
(...was there a tambourine ?) I guess you can make it a bit louder about +3dB ?
LMAO!! You know, until you mentioned it, I'd totally forgotten that there is one in there. I've been chastised (rightfully so) in the past for an overbearing tambourine, so I guess I mixed it kinda' low...like, so low that I'm totally shocked you heard it. I guess it comes through a little bit when everything drops out, but I actually had to look at the session before I was sure that it was there. Yup, track 12..."tambo"...currently at -13db, lol.

Thanks James...I'm on my way to your thread, btw.

The cowbell needs a 3db boost in the 1k area to give it the much needed crack that it is lacking.I didnt wanna bring this up earlier in the thread for fear of being labeled a dickhead,but I feel the thread has progressed enough now to allow me to mention this.

Sincerely,
Bruce Dickinson

Kramer said:
The cowbell needs a 3db boost in the 1k area to give it the much needed crack that it is lacking.I didnt wanna bring this up earlier in the thread for fear of being labeled a dickhead,but I feel the thread has progressed enough now to allow me to mention this.

Sincerely,
Bruce Dickinson
Okay, there are about 43 "inside" jokes in that post, and you should know that I laughed at every one of them. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*crying*...God, lol...funny.

chrisharris said:
Okay, there are about 43 "inside" jokes in that post, and you should know that I laughed at every one of them. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*crying*...God, lol...funny.

:D

Kramer said:
The cowbell needs a 3db boost

Sincerely,
Bruce Dickinson
Hold on, Pahtnah:

I know almost zilch about the Hair-Bands, but isnt Bruce with Iron Maiden? I always thought the Cowbell Thingee was Blue Oyster Cult, because of the skit on SNL? Regardless, the tune needs some motha#$%$king cowbell. I will not rest until I hear a glorious cowbell on every beat.

DavidK said:
Hold on, Pahtnah:

I know almost zilch about the Hair-Bands, but isnt Bruce with Iron Maiden? I always thought the Cowbell Thingee was Blue Oyster Cult, because of the skit on SNL? Regardless, the tune needs some motha#$%$king cowbell. I will not rest until I hear a glorious cowbell on every beat.

LOL.Yeah Bruce was with Iron Maiden.That was also the name of the character that Chris Walken played in the SNL skit.Famed producer "Bruce Dickinson". LOL.

DavidK said:
I will not rest until I hear a glorious cowbell on every beat.
You know, I had hoped (well, prayed really) that I could get through this version without having to add the cowbell, but I fear that such is not possible.

Please feel free to check out "December With Cow Bell"
www.nowhereradio.com/honestmango/singles

(in 5.1 surround sound).

I think the bell could come up in the mix some, but let me know what you think.

chrisharris said:
You know, I had hoped (well, prayed really) that I could get through this version without having to add the cowbell, but I fear that such is not possible.

Please feel free to check out "December With Cow Bell"
www.nowhereradio.com/honestmango/singles

(in 5.1 surround sound).

I think the bell could come up in the mix some, but let me know what you think.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!Whew!man Ive got tears running down my face.LMAO!So many different pitches and tone of cowbell.Beautiful.LMAO!I cant take it man.I gotta hit my asthma inhaler man.LMAO!

Back