Davide Di Saro

mellotron

I'd posted a thread in the MP3 mixing clinic, then realized I should've posted here, although the more people who learn about this guy the better. Is there a way to unlock a thread? I thought closing the thread would remove it. I should've left the thread in the MP3 Mixing Clinic open.

This guy messaged me after seeing one of my crappy covers on Youtube. He has his own Toronto-based record label and although he does his own music, he's actually more interested in getting other 1-man bands heard. He does a lot of music videos for bands as part of his Run!Run!Run! animation studio/record label. His has entire discography for free: http://www.davidedisaro.com/

Here's the quote from his Facebook profile:

"Writing, recording and producing an album can often be challenging for a band due to differences in opinion or clashing egos.

For Davide Disaro it was just easier and faster to do everything himself.Disaro wrote all the music for the album as well as played the drums, bass guitar, piano and lead guitar. “It’s a never ending learning process to write down songs and record them,” “More than a -do it yourself- process, it’s about expression. And for me this is very necessary.” said Disaro.

Expressing himself through music has lead the Italian immigrant to play four instruments: drums, guitar, bass guitar and piano -- as well as sing to get the sound he was looking for in the recording. He didn’t just stop with performing and recording his band. Disaro has also directed three videos to go along with songs and done several digital animations shared on internet. All this is done mainly with scrounged together equipment in his basement suite.

“What I’m trying to do, because I basically want to play everything by myself, I think my music is some sort of statement,” said Disaro. “I am just basically declaring that it is actually possible to do whatever genre of music just being only one artist.”

After doing all of this work to get his first album out he is not searching of getting signed to a record label. In fact, Disaro said that he would like to start his own and maybe use it to help other artists to release their own one-man band type albums.

Disaro is currently on a break from being the audio designer for the Banff New Media Institute at The Banff Centre. He has taken some time to finish animations, choose the final list of songs for the album and put on final touches like an album cover."

I guess this info's kind of outdated, since he now has a record label. I don't know if he has anyone signed though. Here's the link to his record label: http://www.000runrunrun000.com/

Just wanted to give a heads-up for people looking for more exposure.

Last edited:
Back