David Crosby RIP

dachay2tnr

One Hit Wonder
In thinking about David Crosby, I figured I'd post our cover of a CSNY song from their Deja Vu album. This was recorded quite a bit ago, but remastered last year.

Shout out to ChuckU and Acidrock/Cheesehead1 for bass guitar and harp respectively. Comments welcomed but not required.

I've long been an admirer of CSN/CSNY and the melodic and strange harmonies created by Crosby. A unique talent for sure.

Attachments

• Country Girl 03-07-22.mp3
    8.4 MB
In thinking about David Crosby, I figured I'd post our cover of a CSNY song from their Deja Vu album. This was recorded quite a bit ago, but remastered last year.

Shout out to ChuckU and Acidrock/Cheesehead1 for bass guitar and harp respectively. Comments welcomed but not required.

I've long been an admirer of CSN/CSNY and the melodic and strange harmonies created by Crosby. A unique talent for sure.
Nice cover.

I’ve been a fan of Crosby as well.

Back in time I bought Hootie and the Blowfish’ debut album based on one song. “Hold my Hand”. And not even for the song, but just the incredible background vocals . I had to find out who was on that record. Sure enough it was David Crosby as I had suspected.

I love some of his solo stuff too. Great singer as well as storyteller.

Nice cover.

I’ve been a fan of Crosby as well.

Back in time I bought Hootie and the Blowfish’ debut album based on one song. “Hold my Hand”. And not even for the song, but just the incredible background vocals . I had to find out who was on that record. Sure enough it was David Crosby as I had suspected.

I love some of his solo stuff too. Great singer as well as storyteller.
Thx RFR.

We used to do a cover of Guennivere as well, which actually would have been more appropriate. Unfortunately we never recorded it. I do have a DVR of us singing it in someone’s living room with just an acoustic guitar. But no clue how to convert thst to something post-able.

If you have a DVD, you can use Handbrake to convert it to an MP4 file. It's a free program and works great for me. Once in MP4 format, you can pull it straight into Reaper and just extract the audio, or use a video editing program to edit it down to just that song.

If you have a DVD, you can use Handbrake to convert it to an MP4 file. It's a free program and works great for me. Once in MP4 format, you can pull it straight into Reaper and just extract the audio, or use a video editing program to edit it down to just that song.
Thx. I’ll look into it. Any free video editing programs you’d suggest?

I use Cyberlink Powerdirector 15, but it's not free. Davinci Resolve is supposed to be excellent. I downloaded a copy 2 days ago to try on a Linux Mint box that I put together from spare parts. I need to add in some libraries to make it run, tho. Didn't have time or energy to do that yet. Maybe a project for this week.

I haven't done any editing with Reaper, but others here may have. It's supposed to do basic video editing too.

Very nice harmony's and cover as a whole. I Really enjoyed hearing this song again .. I was pretty devastated seeing the post title as I hadn't heard the news. He's been my favorite singer since the early days while playing in harmony bands. Thx mark

I use Cyberlink Powerdirector 15, but it's not free. Davinci Resolve is supposed to be excellent. I downloaded a copy 2 days ago to try on a Linux Mint box that I put together from spare parts. I need to add in some libraries to make it run, tho. Didn't have time or energy to do that yet. Maybe a project for this week.

I haven't done any editing with Reaper, but others here may have. It's supposed to do basic video editing too.
Davinci Resolve is pretty complex. Try Oneshot and then look up some tutorials. It isn't as powerful as Davinci, but it is much simpler.

Davinci Resolve is pretty complex. Try Oneshot and then look up some tutorials. It isn't as powerful as Davinci, but it is much simpler.
It turns out that the Linux box that I'm running isn't really powerful enough to run Davinci. It's an old Athlon X2 2.8GHz with 3GB RAM. Davinci needs at least 8GB. I can get RAM for about $12 but the thing would be a turtle anyway. I might check out OpenShot and KDenLive.

It turns out that the Linux box that I'm running isn't really powerful enough to run Davinci. It's an old Athlon X2 2.8GHz with 3GB RAM. Davinci needs at least 8GB. I can get RAM for about $12 but the thing would be a turtle anyway. I might check out OpenShot and KDenLive.
I have read positive things about KDENLive as well.

I'm also a fan of CSN. A while back, I did this one. It's a Stills composition but has the great CSN harmonies.

Attachments

• Find The Cost Of Freedom Feb 2022 mix.mp3
    2.6 MB
Back