darker acoustic song

I liked the mix. The reverb settings didn't sit well with me though. Sounds to me like you had a short tail turned up loud and it gave everything a distant but close sound.

Hey Gary, lots of cool stuff going on in this piece. I'm jealous, wish I could write/record/mix a tune as fast as that!

I think it came out really well, mix and arrangement both. The bass seemed a little hidden but I'm also thinking that the bottom end should be softer on an acoustic based tune so it's all good.

The 2:33 - end section was great - the layering there with vocals is cool....
:cool:

Interesting song.

The vocals sounded a little quiet relative to the guitar, especially near the beginning.

The effects on the backup vocals were pretty cool. Nice work.

bozmillar - thanks so much for listening. Good ear. I was kinda messing with those reverb sounds seeing if it could get it where i want, i shall experiment more. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Gerry. Thanks so much. Yeah bass is something i've been struggling with. On my one set speakers this sounded way too bassy and out on the other it sounded about right. I never know what to trust as far as that goes. Going to have to save up for a sub or better ears. Thanks again, always like hearing what you have to say.

Riffmaster - Thanks very much for listening. I'm a huge AIC fan so that was a good call. Thanks again!

VomitHatSteve - I agree with the vocals, they seem to be a bit in and out - i'll try compressing or a retake on some of them. Thanks so much for listening.

Take care guys, huge help.

Gary

Sounding good Gary....I love the tune. I'd like to hear it a bit drier, as it does sound a bit like too much verb here and there....

That's my only nit....the song itself is cool....keep this one...

Kind of a cool, chill song. Vocals sound great as do the drums. The main acoustic is played very well, but perhaps there is an effect you can add to make it sound a slightly better. If you listen closely it sounds at brief times like a living room.

Overall, sounds pretty cool. Here's what I'd fix. . .

Ld Vox are buried - volume is low, there's not much presence, and the reverb masks it. Push up the fader a dB or two, add some 6-8k shelving and give that main reverb some predelay

The bass and kick don't play well together, either tone down the kick or really kick up the bass gtr. Think of the bass gtr and kick drum almost as one instrument.

Scott
Not an audio engineer.

Dogman - Thanks alot man. Appreciate the comments as always, hope to hear your latest soon!

auburncatfish - Yeah i definitely know what ya mean. Bought a house and am using the finished basement for my set up. Haven't treated it yet so essentially you're dead on , it is a living room. THanks so much for the comments. Good ears.

Loud - Thanks alot. Yeah i have had issues with the bass from the beginning, I appreciate the suggestions. Thanks again.

Take care

Thanks again for all the help

Gary

Interesting song. Yeah, as someone said the vocals are kinda buried at the beginning but they either come up or I got used to it. It kind of sounds like a cross between the blues and a funeral dirge. Its quirky and different, me likey.:cool:

A tad too wet, but it works. Dig the ending.;)

Back