Damn you Windows Help! Disabling possible?

BurnBarfield

I really don't even know the definitive answer as to why this happens, but I just want it stopped. Whenever I open any kind of plugin, whether third-party or the host's own, I get a message from windows saying that I can't retrieve help for this, my guess is that it is assuming incompatibility with Vista, though they work fine. I just need to know how I can disable Windows Help all together, as I never use it.

I appreciate it, and mixing will be that much easier when this is done..

I think you may be right, I investigated what the pop up said, and it was about how the stuff I was using can't be used with help for one reason or another.

I just need to figure out how to stop it, because it makes mixing in Vegas impossible...

I think you may be right, I investigated what the pop up said, and it was about how the stuff I was using can't be used with help for one reason or another.

I just need to figure out how to stop it, because it makes mixing in Vegas impossible...

In the link I referenced above, Microsoft offers an unsupported Help system for Vista. You could try installing that and see if the error messages stop.

I'm doing that right now, though I am having trouble completing their validation process, it keeps having an "unexpected error"

Would telling you that at the moment you have become my best friend be a bit too much?

Well, after about six or seven attempts of validating my Windows copy, it finally went through, and I got to download the update.

As far as I can tell, by just running plugins like I was, I am receiving no annoying popups anymore. Thanks you so much for your help, and I hope that anyone who gets in my situation can find this thread!

Would telling you that at the moment you have become my best friend be a bit too much?

Well, after about six or seven attempts of validating my Windows copy, it finally went through, and I got to download the update.

As far as I can tell, by just running plugins like I was, I am receiving no annoying popups anymore. Thanks you so much for your help, and I hope that anyone who gets in my situation can find this thread!

No problem, glad it worked!

Back