damn im stupid

young_techy

i put a djING needle/cartridge onto my dads old record player..
i have been spinning some old records my neibor gave me but i have a questions.. 3what kinda records do djs do.. i am looking for it to not make any noise till i stratch at it

please help

Make sure it's a belt drive, I think you can screw up the motor on a direct drive by scratching back and forth

Im not sure how to get a home quality turntable to sit in place while the needle is "on"....

Umm...

GO WITH A DIRECT DRIVE TURNTABLE. It is very difficult to learn how to scratch on a belt drive table. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's more difficult and you will appreciate the pleasures of direct drive tables much more.

young_techy said:
..... 3what kinda records do djs do.. i am looking for it to not make any noise till i stratch at it.....

Your question is unclear. :(

Could you please rephrase it.

lilbigblue is correct.. you'll eventually need direct drives sooner or later if dj'ing interessts you. Belt drives weak and just by touching them, they slow down...
to voxvendor : you use a filt (or wudevah it's called) slipmat instead of the usual rubber one, so the record is sliding allmost independantly from the plate when you scratch.

you'll need a dj mixer too.

as for what kind of rekkids... well that all depends on what kind of music you wanna play...

Chriss..

Ahhhhhhh ok....

That makes sense.. I thought you turned the whole platter, which would screw up the motor on a direct drive...

Shows how much I know about DJ'ing....

still stupid

i ripped the belt out so it wont turn when im not scratching..
all i am looking for is a needle that wont break (i remember a 7 year old me broke the origional needle) and i am also wondering about the records... is there such thing as a blank record that makes the scratching sounds???????
does anyone know what i mean>>

Chriss said:
to voxvendor : you use a filt (or wudevah it's called) slipmat instead of the usual rubber one, so the record is sliding allmost independantly from the plate when you scratch.....

:D FELT. :D

You could purchase a piece of felt fabric.
Then, cut-out a record sized piece of it.

You could also cut out a piece of plastic that is about as thick as wax-paper. You would use the plastic in between the turntable platter and the felt, (You could use the kind that is a sleeve on the inside of your record sleeve). ;)

Re: still stupid

young_techy said:
.... i am looking for is a needle that wont break (i remember a 7 year old me broke the origional needle) ....

The newer needles are probably not compatible with the older turntables. You'll need to provide us with some info on the turntable you possess. :D

Re: still stupid

young_techy said:
i ripped the belt out so it wont turn when im not scratching..

You didn't!!! ???? You're bullshitting right??? pulling our legs?? taking the piss??
better put that belt back on if you're not. You don't get Direct Drive by pulling out the belt :D direct drives are turntables where the motor drives directely on the platter without a belt, i.e. the platter is fastened directely to the motor... they are quite a bit more expensive than belt drives, but worth it...

SPINSTERWUN said:

:D FELT. :D

You could purchase a piece of felt fabric.
Then, cut-out a record sized piece of it.

You could also cut out a piece of plastic that is about as thick as wax-paper. You would use the plastic in between the turntable platter and the felt, (You could use the kind that is a sleeve on the inside of your record sleeve). ;)

(Spoken in Martha Stewart voice) 'Then you can go out to the garden and pick some butternut squash and prepare a wonderful stew for dinner.'

HA HA:D

Back