DA-38 Tape Transfer

cusebassman

Freakin' sweet
Hello all,

I've got a bunch of (maybe 20) Tascam DA-38 tapes I'd like to transfer to PC. I'd like to do this without a DA-AD conversion in the middle, but right now my only option at home is to run the 8 channels out from the DA-38's analog output and run the 8 channels into an interface.

I know many years ago an interface was available to digitally transfer the data, but info on these machines has faded over the years. Perhaps someone can recommend the necessary hardware or a good company that does transfers for you. Thanks!

A motu 2408 has TDIF inputs and can transfer 24 tracks at once. Find a buddy with one of those and get a TDIF cable.

I have a PCI card that does 16 channels of TDIF, but they didn't make drivers for XP. I never tried using it on a computer past win2k.

I could do the transfer, but it would cost a lot of cash to transfer 40 hours worth of tape. (assuming all the recordings are only 8 track)

Same here, I could do the transfer but it's a lot of time and $. Maybe find a PCI-822 card and a TDIF cable and do it yourself. Drivers for 98/ME, XP/2k and OS9 are available.

Back