D4 volume

brandon.w

hey, I threw together a cheap electric drumset to practice and record with...and I plucked a D4 in great condition off ebay...I'm pretty sure the guy had been using it as a module and not as a brain with triggers since when I got it the sounds were all...crazy and different volumes and the kick wasn't the kick, ect ect...but I reset it to factory standards and now the only problem is the volume is too low! I mean...it's not that bad...when I turn it up ALL the way it's just about right for use with headphones, but it's still a low signal, I don't know if it'll be a problem later when I start recording with my PC (I need to buy a soundcard and a wee mixer first)...but right now it's so low that in order to track it well on my cassette 8track, I have to have the volume all the way up on the module and all the way up on the stereo track...which makes it impossible for me to record hot....I'm confused because before I reset it some of the samples were way too loud...but after resetting it everything is too quiet...I even went through the menus and boosted up the only "volume" settings I could find...do I need a direct box to boost the signal while recording? how else would I turn the damn drums up? thanks

Back