Cycle of Life

Hey! Long time no see! I had lost this place and couldnt remember where it was till here recently.

Anyway... I got a new tune here I'd like some feedback on if thats cool? It's titled "Cycle of Life" and it's a metal industrial sound. Thanks!

Mp3 Stream

Real Stream

If those links don't work --> DevilizhStylez IUMA

I also posted the lyrics on the IUMA site if your interested in those, I know my lyrics are not the easiest to understand.

Thanks again!

Some cool sounds there in the middle. I thought the sound effects were used well. Nice guitar sound, but maybe sounds just a bit too Pod-y.

Lots of effects on the vox, which make them difficult to discern. The effects are cool enough - I just wonder if there's some middle ground where you can use them and the listener can understand the words (or at least a few).

Big thumping kick drum. But the bass is having some trouble coming through. I think the kick and the lows on the guitar are covering it up.

It also might be cool to double track that guitar.

Just some thoughts.

Well good thoughts man, I appreaciate the feedback for sure!

The vocals I know are pretty hard to understand and I do got a good excuse for that lol... I dont have any vocal skills as far as a good voice goes! So what I do is put on some effects to my voice, and I try to match the vocal sound to blend in with the music sound and style. Cause if I didnt have effects it sounds really really bad!! Maybe I need a better effect but of the same nature in sound?

I'm just not a vocalist, but I do them anyway cause I like to hear people critic on my vocals then to critic saying hey you need some vocals in your mix. So I put them in there so they are atleast there. It is hard though, like on my other music project I got going I got the music pretty much done, and I am having the hardest time laying vocal tracks, I've done like a thousand takes trying to get it, and yesterday my voice was pretty much trashed after so many tries. I need a real singer.

Heres the lyrics

"Cycle of Life"
Mp3 Stream or Real Stream

Like the mostquito taking in my blood
Needs to take a little just to carry on
Twisted in the life the cycle continues on
Feeding from another wich it relies upon

Cycle of Life Determination
Even in a world full of frustration
Got to find the place
To set the plantation

Feed on my Blood
Mother nature Transformation

Light, Rise, Rise, Light,

Nothing like the People Drain you till your Empy
Take you for Everything it's all about the Money
Born into this way the cycle drag's on and on
Twisted is the way's Large numbers feeling so withdrawn

Feeling of Depression Society Frustration
Build the world up the Idea Obsession
Tought the wrong impression
Revelant is ourselves and our Nature is Aggression

Right, Right, Right, Light.

I really like the song and the performance. But the mix has a very small sound to it, likes it's all taking place in the same low mid to mid mid range. Needs to be opened up some. And I agree with TripleM about the guitar sounding pretty pod-y.

Thanks

I got alot to learn on my cakewalk pro audio 9 program, it always peaks out if I try to up the sound, actually clips it and distorts it. Everything I do is recorded and not really messed with much except for trying to ballance out everything together, so everything is just what it sounds like outside the program. Any and all tips are welcome lol..

Some parts of the songs I do usually have sections that peak more then others and I would like to know if its possible to make it peak straight all the way through?

pod-y? Whats that mean?

Back