CWPA audio recording levels

FrankD

I'm running CWPA 9.x under Windows ME with a Pentium 3. My question has to do with setting audio recording levels. I currently set the levels so that the track's record level meter in the Console view is just short of 0dB, in other words, maxed. When I play back the track, however, I find that I have a very weak signal, only about 1/3 of what I thought I was getting. I usually wind up normalizing the track so that I can get sufficient playback level. Anybody know what's going on?

perhaps it is because you are using the windows utility for audio and the levels are turned down there......just a thought ...what card are you using?

follow up

I'm using Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, and have the input level there set high, as well. I think I figured it out last night, I turned up the input level on the mic channel of my mixer, and that seemed to help a lot. I'm running the mic into a Mackie, then running the mixer output into the line in on the Santa Cruz. I think I just didn't have the level hot enough on the Mackie.

Thanks for your help,
fd

Back