CW Sonar X1 Studio vs. Reason or Cubase to quantize wave audio "Audio Snap" + V-Vocal

chris2002rock

CW Sonar X1 Studio vs. Reason or Cubase to quantize wave audio "Audio Snap" + V-Vocal

I use several audio interfaces and generally record 1 at a time. I am trying to get family hooked on adding vocals to my tracks, so I might get a 4 or 8 input audio interface, but what I need right now is a DAW that can perform "audio snap" and I wold like V-Vocal to help get the vocals where they need to be. My thought is that using V-Vocal will be good as a tool to rehearse and try to match the corrected versions. If nothing else, it makes people feel comfortable that one way or another, their work will be worth performing.

The reason I want Audio Snap is to have the ability to use drum patterns to match my guitar riffs. Either that or I need to manually cut and past the drum beats. I have played guitar for 30+ years and I am used to a drummer laying down the beats for my complex riffs. I suck. The only other choice is to get an Alesis Perpad or similar drum pad and match the beats myself that way. Even then, I'm not the best at figuring out drums for my riffs. Practice will help, but really I want to get feedback on which DAW.

I already own Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro 4, which includes a nice palette of soft instruments in Studio Instruments, bass guitar, electric piano, strings and a nice drum kit. I use an Alesis QX49, which is decent but I'd like a keyboard with after touch, but one thing at a time.

So in summary, I really need those tools: Audio snap, or something like it, pitch correction for vocals and some nice organic soft instruments and finally if I have no luck with changing beats in the DAW, I would like a suggestion for MIDI drums, what input device can someone suggest? My KB has pads on it, but I would like to have a pedal for bass drum, and perhaps pads I can use sticks on, not as sure about that.

Do all MIDI pedals work the same?

Back