Cutting/Deleting portion of a wav

Kramer

In simple terms how do you do it?I was able to do it a few times awhile back by throwing it into Desctructive Editing Mode and highlighting the portion of the wav that I wanted to delete with my mouse cursor and then hitting the "cut" tab.

I cant figure out how I was able to do this before.

Is there a certain tab to hit before I drag my mouse cursor over the wav to high-light the portion I want to delete?

Can someone give me a simple how to?(I've read the help file so it's useless to suggest that I read it again.:D )

Here's the deal:

I have a 27 minute wav file.

I want to to keep the first 14 minutes of the wav.

How do I delete everything from the 14:00 minute mark to the 27:00 mark(the end)?

Thanks,
Kramer

Ahh, well...If I read that right, the easiest way for me to delete a chunk I don't like, is to put it in non destructive mode, click the mouse pointer icon at the top (not the crosshairs/plus icon), select the area in question, and click the scissors icon. Or Ctrl-X.

That was too easy, so there has to be more to your question...no ? :D :confused: ...

badassmak said:
Ahh, well...If I read that right, the easiest way for me to delete a chunk I don't like, is to put it in non destructive mode, click the mouse pointer icon at the top (not the crosshairs/plus icon), select the area in question, and click the scissors icon. Or Ctrl-X.

That was too easy, so there has to be more to your question...no ? :D :confused: ...

:D
I just did it your way(non-destructive mode) and it DID cut the portion I selected but it didnt remove it.It just silenced that portion and the clock just kept running right on to the end(27 minute mark).....and for your smart asses out there,NO I didnt hit the "silence" function.LMAO!:D ......So,I flipped it back into "destructive" mode and waddayaknow,It worked!Thats the same way I've been trying to delete it for the last 2 hours and now it suddenly works?:mad:

Thanks for the reply dude!

This is the sort of editing that I usually use an external WAV editor for. Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ is a great freebie. But N can do it to. Looks like you've gotten good advice.

FYI: You can click and drag the end of the waveform to the left in order to tell N to stop reading the WAV. This doesn't delete from the file, of course. You can also click and drag to select a thin portion of the WAV and press Ctrl-X to cut the WAV into 2 parts. From there, you can shrink parts, slide them left or right to align them, delete them entirely, move them to other tracks (for other EQ or effect settings)... the list goes on.

hope this helps some.

tj

Back