Cubasis VST - question

Yadi

Thanks for looking at this.....

Cubasis VST - LE
(it came free with my interface) I've been using it for about a week recording at 44.1/16. Is this softare limited to only 16 bit? I've searched all over the net and within the manual and there isn't any specific answer.

Also, can I record multiple inputs simultaneously?? Another vague subject in the manuals and ads on the net.

Last question, am I really as stupid as my wife tells me?

Thanks again.........

Yadi

I'm not familiar with Cubasis...only Cubase. So I'm just going to make guesses. I wouldn't be surprised if Cubasis is limited to 16-bit. If it can do 24-bit, you should see a Record Mode menu in the upper-right corner of the arrange window for changing between 16- and 24-bit recording. Also, you should see some option for changing this in the Audio System Setup dialog box (in the Options menu).

To do multi-recording, check out this page. These instructions are for Cubase, but perhaps they are the same for Cubasis.

I'll leave the last question for others. :)

Thanks for the reply Jim. I actually found that same tips page already and realized it looks nothing like Cubasis. I'm nearly 100% certain that it doesn't do 24 bit, multi-record. Its too bad that all their advertising for it...even on their web pages...they can be explicit. I'd probably upgrade to their real deal anyway...just wish I haven't spent all this time (yours too) looking for a "quick" answer.

Thanks again.

Yadi

Hi Yadi,

Cubasis is not capable of recording more than 16-bits, so if you think you need more, you have to upgrade to Cubase VST/32.
This will also have the multi-record-mode you asked for.
Cubasis is fine for beginners. I am just about upgrading my Cubase VST724 to the current version Cubase VST/32 5.0.

Try using VST-Instruments with the free Demo!

Back