Cubasis VST problem

Snowdog

I am trying to record from a Tascam 414 through Wavlab to burn on to a CD. The problem is My playback is radically different than what I hear in recording. The right side of stereo is virtually nonexistant. Is this a sound card issue? I am pluged into my mic input,Couldn't use line input due to extremely low levels. Any help would be appreciated.

The CPU is a 500mHz HP 6630C with CDR. The soundcard is the one that came with the unit,a Riptide. I am pluged into the Mic in input because I couldn't get the levels up pluging into the line in input. Is that normal? I have managed to burn one song to
CD just to start learning the system and that required running the CD thru adeptic CD scan to be able to use it. Is there a particular type of writable CD that is used for music applications? Thanks in advance

What kind of cable are you using to plug into your soundcard? You should be using a 1/8" stereo male plugged into the line-in of soundcard, to two mono plugs that go from the output of the tascam(not familiar with the 414, RCA's or 1/4"?) Check the balance control in the windows volume panel. Double-click the speaker icon and see that the line in volume is up, and that the line in balance is in the center.

Outside of that.

I've never heard of Riptide before, unless it's some highend mega-bucks sound card.

Recording through the line-in is the normal procedure. Is the sound card integrated into the motherboard?

If all else fails, I'd suggest taking the rip-tide out and putting in a Creative Labs/Ensonic soundcard. These are fairly cheap ($30) and will work much better than what you have.

If it's built-in audio, hopefully you can disable it through BIOS or at worst Device Manager.

For music you should be using CD-R, write-once. You can use CD-RW, but they don't play very well (usually not at all, except for a rare instance :)) in other cd-players, and you have go through the format crap.

I am using a Y plug as you described origanally into the line in input and did get the levels up briefly. Riptide is the card that came with the CPU. Is the Mic input a mono input?

Back