cubasis,mpc,triton- need setup help

cazisrael

i have an mpc 200xl special edition, korg triton classic, a turntable, cubasis and a sound blaster platinum, how o how do i run midi thru all of these..i don't know what to master or slave...i'm so use to just making beats on the mpc..now all these combined i'm lost with this midi stuff. please help please....is there a way to midi my mpc to record the tracks on there straight to the pc????please help please???

Midi is only for sync and note information, not audio. You will need a mixer if you want to hear everything at once. You will record audio through the line in on your sound card.

Caz, I got your IM but let's discuss it here so others can learn. And as you've been told in the other threads please don't crosspost because then you end up with people all answering the same questions.

Your setup is a bit complicated to answer all in one post. Can you break it down a bit into smaller pieces? I would recomend studying up on midi a bit because your question is kinda like "I have all this gear, what do I want to do and how do I do it?", and that is impossible to answer.

So tell us what you want to do exactly and if you don't know then you need to figure that out first. There are 20 ways to hook that stuff up and none may be what you are going for.

To help you get started:
If you want to chain midi devices then use the THRU port to pass on midi to the next device.

If you want to hear them you will need a mixer with everything attached. If you want to record that then run the output of the mixer into the Line IN on your soundcard.

I hope that helps and if you can be more specific we will do what we can. You might try the DJ/Hip hop forum and see how those guys are using similar setups and get some ideas from them because there is no one way to do things.

Back