Cubasis and Hubi's MIDI Loopback...problem!

Cazzbar

Throbbing Member
Right, I've got my PC connected to a Direct Pro soundcard which in-turn is connected to a Tone Generator using a MIDI cable.

In the sequencers n-track and Cubasis, I can select "Direct Pro" as my output MIDI port and the MIDI signals are happily transferred all the way to my Tone Generator. But I cannot have n-track and Cubasis open at the same time (as they both require exclusive access to the "Direct Pro" MIDI port) so I decided to use the program "Hubi's MIDI Loopback" which tries to get round the problem. (Basically it creates a new MIDI port which can be opened by many programs. You link this new port to your original port and in your sequencers you reference this new port instead of the original port and job done.)

Anyway, this technique works fine in n-track, but Cubasis completely freaks! When I hit play, all my MIDI data for a song explodes out and my Tone Generator attempts to perform a 3 minute song in about 2 seconds! It then understandably complains with the error "MIDI BUFFER FULL".

Why is Cubasis completely ignoring the time signature? Has anybody had a similar problem?

Thanks,
Cazz.

Back