cubase5 / delta 66 probs

nattn

I wonder if anyone has insight on this problem.

When I open an external audio editor from within cubase (wavelab & soundforge 5 I've tried them both) the audio playback of the wav file I'm trying to edit is horrendous. Previous to the delta I was using a soundblaster card & never had an issue.

If I use the audio editor w/o cubase open, audio playback is fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Under file/preferences there should be a check box 'play audio in background' or something like that. It should be checked, although if it were not I wouldn't expect you to hear any audio at all in soundforge. You are running ASIO drivers under the system/tools settings with Cubase as well?

I'm having a similar problem with my wavelab program and m-audio lagoon card. All of my demo versions of programs, including the wavelab demo, play back clean, but ALL files play back super dirty, with backround noise way boosted. Thing is, the files display clean and burn clean (through wavelab) to cd!

I'm pretty confounded, as i would like to monitor the results of the awsome wavelab processing. I haven't installed my cubase yet, as i would like to figure this problem out first.

Any help would be nice. These threads have been a Godsend for a computer DAW newbie like me. I had an awsome system built and I was able to "optimize" it using advice from this bbs. All the old bugs are gone, this one is definitely program to soundcard related.

Thanks !

Scotthi-Lo.

I actually think I may have come up with a solution to our problem. This is straight from the midiman website:

http://www.midiman.com/walkthroughs/tips.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Say you're using more than one application with the Delta card--an Editor/Sequencer and a Loop Generator Program or Virtual Synthesizer.
The application tells you that the Delta is in use by another device. You've got two choices: 1. Use two soundcards in your computer (this works great for rich people). 2. Trick the computer into thinking that the Delta is more than one soundcard

In order to get your Delta to behave this way, go to the Hardware Settings tab (in the control panel) and select independent under Multitrack Drivers Device.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now this is all well & good, but I have been having a bitch of a time with their software. The current drivers that I am using have this option grayed out & unavailable. I also cannot open the control panel unless I am in cubase. I think I need to uninstall my card & start over again. Let me know if their work-around does the trick.

Back