cubase vst/24 with motu 2408

lthrbls

i have had my adat for about a year now and decided to purchase a motu 2408. i follow the directions within my motu manuals, and my adat seems to be syncing fine and all. when i go to record tracks into vst/24, i can only get one in at a time. what am i overlooking? i looked in my cubase manual amd i can not seem to find what i am looking for. my computer is an Intel p3 500, 356 megs of ram, ultra 160 scsi hard drives. i kno performance is not an issue. i just can not figure out how to record all 8 tracks in at once.

I'm not familiar with the motu, but anyway....

Did you activate multirecording? Go into the menu Options/Multirecord and select "Active". Make sure that that menu item has a checkmark next to it. When you do that, you'll see a extra column appear in the arrange window with an "R" above it. What you do then is check this column for each track you want to record on. (This is on a PC. I suppose a Mac is the same)

Also, make sure that you go into the Audio/Inputs menu and activate the input. Each card in a computer is activated seperately. Since you're getting at least one track already though, your motu must be active.

I have somewhat a similar, well kinda, well opposite problem. I'm trying to record my AUDIO from VST onto ADAT, (catch) I'm trying to synch my BRC to all of this.

BRC (out)--to---(in) on MOTU expressXT #5
also the BRC controls the ADAT, what I dont get is how does the BRC control Cubase & ADAT at the same time ?

thanks for the help. multirecord works fine now.

just a note, i am using my motu to import tracks from the adat. everytime i would start recording, the first few seconds would be cut off my audio coming from the adat. i searched and searched for this setting, and it wound up to be the 'system preroll' in the synchronization menu. i lowered it to about 50 and it works fine now...

Back