Cubase SX version 1.05 is out

skippy

Looks like Steinberg have released the 1.05 update to Cubase SX (and SL) on their FTP site. There was no 1.04 for Windows- that number was used only for the initial Mac release, apparently. Anyway, I downloaded and installed it last night, and it does seem to work well- fixed a minor MIDI bug I'd been fighting.

ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/download/pc/Cubase_SX/

I noticed that they also had new Midex 8 drivers out (v180), so I snagged them as well. Anyway, they are coming along with bug fixes and feature enhancements at a pretty good clip.

ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/download/pc/hardware/Midex8/

Hope that helps any other SX, SL, or Midex folks...

Last edited:
I have been reading about it over at cubase.net. Appearently a lot of things still aren't fixed, and others are complaining that the new update is casuing some problems.

I think I might wait another few days and see if they release a quick "updated" update to 1.05 like they did with 1.03 to iron out some problems. If anyone here updates please post and let us know how it worked out for you.

Foo: sorry it has taken so long to get back to you- I didn't bother with the site for a while there while it was wedged up. If the page wouldn't load in 30 seconds, I went on to other interests...

I had a problem with the MTC output, which I was using to drive the automation on my board. It was a bit inconsistent before (minor inaccuracies of a few frames showing up, which is a pisser if you're trying to set a mute precisely), but it seems solid with this update. I have no idea if it's the Cubase update or the midex8 update, though. It is just working better for me now

Back