Cubase SX signal routing problem - help!

Davenhurst

This is driving me mad, it's actually a problem a friend of mine is having (no, really), but he's not very technically minded so I'm trying to get it sorted for him. He's got himself Cubase SX3 and the Edirol UA25 Mobile USB Audio/MIDI Interface, has managed to plug the thing in and get his guitar signal showing on the input track in the Cubase mixer. Trouble is the signal isn't going through to an audio channel, and isn't showing on the master, so basically it's just the one meter showing activity, the input one. We've tried all sorts of input/output busses but I'm sure there's just something needs configuring to route the signal properly. Part of the problem is he lives 400 miles away so I'm trying to help without seeing the specific problem in front of me, but I though perhaps you guys could help out. Help me Obi Wan.

Go to the audio track you want to record on, and find the "i/o" section. (On the mixer view, its at the top) Then select the input bus on the Input section. Then arm the track. Hit record.

The bottom-left circle is where you can un-hide the different views of the mixer, just in case the "i/o" section. The top-right circle is where you select the input bus for that channel. If you want to monitor the input, then press the little speaker button (circled below as well).

Attachments

• mixer.jpg
    mixer.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 21
Thanks for the reply, but we've been through all those options, I'm a Cubase SX user myself so could run through all the basics before getting stumped. To be honest, I think the problem is that I'm trying to help remotely - I reckon you've probably described the solution adaquately, and coupled with my advice on setting up busses, it should work. Like I say, this guy isn't very technically minded and may be hitting the wrong buttons - I think I'll have to lay out a help file with a bunch of screenshots like yours. I should charge.

Cheers.

Back