Cubase SX 1 metranome help

Tyson

I have cubase sx and I can't figure out how to get the right click track setup going on. I know how to turn the metranome on and off. I know how to change the tempo and how to change the signature. What I want to do is to change the sound of the click from a high pitched beep to a less annoying wood block or highhat sound. Is there a free click track plugin that I could get? I also have tracktion which came with my new Echo interface. I like the click track in tracktion, but cubase definately blows tracktion away overall in my opinion.

Try loading the LM7 plugin in your vsti bank (F11 by default brings it up). There are three presets in the LM7. I use the third one, I believe it is "percussion". Then go into your metronome setup and deactivate the audio click and activate the midi click. Then assign the midi output to LM7. The metronome will give you a midi note choice for both the downbeat and the sequential clicks. If you assign the midi note on both to D#4, that will give you a clave sound. You can also make it so the downbeat (or the sequentials) are different sounds, and can control the different volumes of each from the metronome setup screen. When you activate the LM7 it adds a return track to your VST mixer (F3). This can be used to automate your click volumes, and turn the LM7 output up and down. While you are tracking, if you hit "c" on your keyboard, that will toggle your click track on and off. That way you can quickly engage and disengage it.

I am at my laptop right now, so parts of my info may be incorrect, but I think I got it all right:)

Back