Cubase reinstallation

billabob

hey i got a new laptop and i need to reinstall cubase le4 i know how to do the reinstallation, ony problem is i need to get into cubase to get a code, and as the 30 day trial ran out, the only options i get are register or cancel. When i click register it just puts me on to the steinberg website. Can anyone help. is there another way to get the code?
xxx

The site can be awkward but it's easier after a couple of times.
What exactly are you trying to accomplish.
The 30 day trial period is over so you want to do which? Another trial period, buy it or register it if you actually own the disc?

That's fair enough.
Somebody bought the software and is finished with it. It's theirs to sell.

Just trying to figure out what Billabob wants to do.
You can re-install Cubase LE4 as often as you want, really or you can go ahead and register it.
The problem with registering is that you have to jump through hoops every time you want to change computers.

Billabob: Have you looked at your license info? It's in the "Syncrosoft" application on your start menu.

Hey Jim, I think Dinty was responding to the OP. :)

Direct from the LE4 manual:

1. Open the Syncrosoft License Control Center (which
can be found in the Start/Programs menu under Windows
or in the Applications folder on a Mac).
2. Write down the number of the eLicenser for Cubase
LE displayed in the Syncrosoft License Control Center.
3. Launch Cubase LE and select the Registration option
from the Help menu.
The “My Steinberg” section on the Steinberg web site is opened.
4. Follow the instructions on the web site to create a user
account.
You will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm the creation of your account
in order to activate it. Just click on the confirmation link in the email.
After the confirmation, you will be able to log in to the Steinberg
customer area.
5. Go back to “My Steinberg” on the Steinberg web site,
eLicenser for Cubase LE.
You will receive an email with the activation code for Cubase LE.
6. In the Syncrosoft License Control Center open the
Wizards menu and select the “License Download” option.
Follow the instructions and enter your Cubase LE activation code.
7. Congratulations! You have successfully licensed and
registered your program and are now entitled to technical
support and kept aware of updates and other news regarding
Cubase LE.

Hope this helps.

Hey Jim, I think Dinty was responding to the OP. :)...

Yes, I was responding to "is there another way to get the code?". That sounded like "I want it but I don't want to pay for it" to me. Maybe I took it wrong.

Yes:
I was pretty sure he was getting lost in the Steinberg site, actually. The instructions are good but when you get there you can find yourself in an endless loop until you open the right box.
No, I wasn't concerned that Billabob was trying to avoid purchasing the otherwise "Free" software. I think he's been having trouble getting around to procrastinating though.
I got mine from a friend who bought the Presonus Firepod/Fire something and had some problems. They sent him a second copy of all of the discs. Cubase, Pro Pack, Lounge Lizard etc.
Honest Newfie that he is, he called them up and asked what he should do with them.
"Do what you want" they said.
So he gave them to me.
Nice. Software that comes with a product and actually does something!
Are you listening, M-Audio??? ;)

... Honest Newfie that he is...

99.999% of the people here don't have a fuckin' clue what you meant by that! I do, I've played in Cornerbrook. I think that's the only kind of Newfie they make. ::D

... Are you listening, M-Audio??? ;)

Probably not, that's a very screwed up company. So is Steinberg, I just upgraded to Cubase 4 and the manual is packed full of errors - just like it was 20 years ago!

ok, thanks to everyone who replied, youve been a big help. Before i post anymore i just wanna say, im not trying to like steal it or get it for free i have already got it free with my mixer i brought a while back.

I have made progress on the last time i posted, ive got my new activation code and ive entered it into ysncroft, it reconises it as a code, however when i click to download my new lisence i get the following message.

A connection to the lisence server could not be established.either due to incorrect network settings, or because the lisence server is currently not available (e.g. due to maintanence work).

Please verify your comupters network settings and try again later. r contact your software vendors support department incase the problem persists.

Anyone got any ideas, ive got no problems with internet connection and i dont think that there under maintanence because theres been nothing on the site saying about it. Any ideas?
xxxx

...i have already got it free with my mixer i brought a while back...

Sorry for the implication that you were trying to get it for free. :) I didn't understand when you mentioned "and as the 30 day trial ran out" 'cause they don't normally give out 30 day trials with products, but it sounds like that's what happened to you.

If you are the legal owner of the product maybe you could phone Steinberg and ask them what's up? I've had some success with phoning them.

The disc has a 30 day expiry which you can always get around.
Keep your computer online then go into Syncrosoft. You'll find it on the Start Menu and follow Chili's instructions, above.
Dinty: The OP is 18 years old. A five minute penalty for foul language is in order. :)

ok ill give it a go. Its just wierd because i never had any problems when i registered it on my last pc and it ran fine for months, now im trying to reinstall it its being a nightmare.
xxx

... Dinty: The OP is 18 years old. A five minute penalty for foul language is in order. :)

That's odd, on my computer the OP comes up like this:

THREAD.jpg

:confused:

Got you.
Thanks.
I thought OP meant original poster.

By the way, Billabob: I see you signed off with "xxx".
You'd better be a girl! :eek:

That makes sense now.

They should make a "hip internet jargon - English" dictionary, I could use one.

Hopefully they'll let me back on the ice soon. :(

ok im having no luck at all still ,ive got my ativation code, i can enter it but it keeps saying it cant connect to the internet even when i got a perfect signal. ill have to ring them up, cheers anyways lads.
xxx

no all ive got is the one cubase le 4 which gives me 30 days untill i have to resgister. Im not using any dongles or anything
xxx

Back