Cubase records mono only,

neno

I have problems with recording stereo files in Cubase VST 32. Everything works fine when I record mono but when stereo recording is selected only first three seconds are recorded and the rest of the file is silence.Same problems I encountered in Nuendo. I started working with Cubase recently (I’ve been workin with Cakewalk before and never encountered similar problem). I removed DX8a and installed DX7 instead but same things occured again. I use directx full duplex driver , there is no change if I switch to Asio multimedia (though it sometimes crashes my system). When I first installed Cubase everything was working fine, then I installed Nuendo and everything started to crash after every hour of work. After that I uninstalled Nuendo and Cubase and installed Cubase only but nothing changed.
Help please!
I have so much work to do and this thing drives me crazy. Sonar was so stable and so easy to work with, it never crashed but unfortunately it runs much slower then Cubase on my Athlon proccessor.

Forgot something, when I open stereo file (recorded in Cubase) with Wavelab it is there, complete but the part that is missing in Cubase and it's internal editor is selected and separated from the first part with marker. Everything has been recorded well but I can hear only few seconds of it in Cubase. Why does it occurs with stereo files only?

Open the track inspector, for an odd numbered track and enable
stereo. the mixer display should change to a stereo track with ganged faders.

I did that, stereo is enabled and everything is set according to manual and still only few seconds of recorded file are there. During recording I hear some strange noise and clicking at certain point and this always happens at the time when recording stops.
I thought it was monitoring problem so I switched it off, needless to say, nothing has changed.

Check your VST inputs under the panels menu.

Make sure the left and right markers are in the proper place to record the full length of your tune.

what is the speed of your processor?...in audio set-up, how many tracks is cubase set-up for?...maybe try adjusting the block buffer size, etc...you might also try running DxDiag tests...

Athlon 800mhz/256RAM. I’ve tried with various buffer and channel setting and sampling rates. Markers are in proper position too. As I said everything was working fine some month ago with the same driver configuration and channel settings.Right now I have no choice but using Sonar for recording and Cubase for asssembly, plug-ins and final mix.
How to run DX diag test?

Back