cubase pops clicks

nickta99

I am experiancing pops and clicks in my music afer playing for a few minutes. It seems as though it happens when I change the settings in a few pugins. I have the vst cpu/disk meter pulled up and neither of them max out. When I open the delta controll pannel and then close it again the pops and clicks go away for a few minutes, then come back. It also seems as if I minimize all of the plug in windows this helps the clicking to go away. I think it is a cubase problem because when I open an audio track using siren express (a .wav file player) the piece of music sounds perfect, no pops, no clicks.

cubase vst 32 r6
p3 1.0ghz
512mb ram
win me
delta driver version 4.13.01.0041

THANK YOU!!

I'm not familiar with your card, but I get pops and clicks in Cubase occasionally when I have a high track and effect count. I set the sound card for higher latency and they go away. I'm not sure if your soundcard has a setting like that.

Also, do you have your computer optimized for audio? Windows has a lot of "convenient" services running in the background that can randomly cause your realtime audio to pop and click. I couldn't get XP to work well at all until I disabled the power management and a bunch of other stuff. ME worked OK for me, but I wasn't using the 32 bit version of Cubase.

Hmm...do you defragment your audio drive regularly, as well? That does wonders for performance.

Good luck,
Chris

what delta card do you have?

be sure you have the newest drivers installed. what are your settings under cubase, and under the maudio control panel?

i have a delta 1010

how can I find out the steps needed to optimize ME for audio? My audio card has a buffer setting that measures in latency samples; it ranges from 332 samples to 2588 samples. Curently its on 1056 and this gives me 25 milliseconds of latency. Do you think I should change it?

nickta99 said:
how can I find out the steps needed to optimize ME for audio? My audio card has a buffer setting that measures in latency samples; it ranges from 332 samples to 2588 samples. Curently its on 1056 and this gives me 25 milliseconds of latency. Do you think I should change it?

what card do you have?

here's my stuff

Cubase vst32 5.1 and nuendo 1.5.2 and others
AthlonXp 1600+
768mb ddr am
WinXP Pro
Delta drivers 5.10.00.0026

Under cubase:

Number of channels: 32
Memory per channel: 384KB
Disk block buffer size: 96KB
Maudio ASIO Drivers
Latency of 2-3ms at 24/44
2ms at 24/48
1ms at 24/96

Under the Maudio Delta Control Panel(hardware settings)

Dma buffer size: 128 samples
Master clock: internal Xtal
Codec sample rate: 44,100

i'm not sure about any good WinME tweaks,i found ME to be unstable and not that great to run a daw on but i don't have one tweak on my system, though i am running TweakXP

Back