Cubase makes my balls itchy - any CEP peeps?

rats

Coming from 4 years on CEP, I'm looking forward to the power available in Cubase. I mean, it just does SO much. I have a few Cubase user buddies that fly around the screen dragging shit here and there freaking me out, and I've learned a few little things here and there, but I haven't spent a long time on it because I'm in the middle of working on 13 unfinished sessions simultaneously that are all set up real nice-like in Cool Edit, and I'm too lazy to set up those sessions in Cubase. It's just too easy to keep working on these sessions in Cool Edit where I know what I'm doing than to read the Cubase manual, and plod along not knowing my ass from my elbow. But at some point I have to make teh leap. I mean there it is RIGHT there on my desktop; CUBASE SX!! :eek:

Cubase has the things I need, foremost the midi and VST capabilities that CEP doesn't. Besides, now that they've become Adobe Audition, I'm over it. Fuck them.

Don't know SX, but in Cubase VST 5.x, you could set up an external audio editor - I used Sound Forge, but you could as easily use CEP.

Cubase VST was very counter-intuitive. SX is billed as an improved interface - hope they got it right this time.

Good luck, man. Remember me when you're a stah...

Daf

I'll have to look into that external wave editing, that sounds super duper coolio. Yeah CEP seems like a kiddie toy once you start getting into Cubase a bit. There's just so much there it can be a bit overwhelming at first. The lingo's all different and the controls are all different....ugh.:(

Back