Cubase, Mackie 1402VLZ + Omnistudio (delta 66) combo

musicsdarkangel

Well, I love my setup now, but I have no idea how to do some tasks with it.

I'm trying to record drums with a set of mic's, going into the mixer, and then the soundcard.

1. I have no idea how to get cubase to setup so that each mixer channel (where a mic goes in) goes to a separate track in Cubase.

2. I'm not sure how to connect everything and what kind of chords I need (as the soundcard has a left and right input).

3. I've heard rumors that I can do only two separate channels because the delta 66 only has 2, however, I've also heard that the line inputs in the back work to.

4. I don't know how to work the line inputs, how to record, what to use them for.

5. I don't know how to record a stereo track in Cubase (how to set it up so that the left and right channels are used). I switch to stereo mode, but I plug-in to my delta 66 and it only goes to the left channel.

6. If I wanted to mic my amp with 2 mics, how would I set it up with Cubase and the Delta 66 to work?

7. What does the (cup signal pad?) button do? I know it cuts down the signal, but why is that useful? Is it better quality?

Anyway, you guys are great, and any help on this matter would be so greatly appreciated.

musicsdarkangel said:
5. I don't know how to record a stereo track in Cubase (how to set it up so that the left and right channels are used). I switch to stereo mode, but I plug-in to my delta 66 and it only goes to the left channel.
Are you plugging in a stereo signal in one of the Delta inputs? If so, that would explain a lot.

And you "have no idea" how to set things up.... Have you even tried to read a manual??

Yea I plug in a microphone (shure SM57) or a mono guitar cable.

Unfortunately I have tried to understand the manual, but it's very confusing.

Back