Cubase LE

Rick153

I am frustrated with trying to get Cubase LE to work. It can't seem to find most of my music files (either mp3 or wav) and when I try to drag files over it doesn't recognize them either. I am perhaps really ignorant, but I can't even get to square one with this. The manual simply implies it's done. Is there a way to do this? I have a new HP laptop on which I'm operating.

It's a while since I used LE but iirc you high light the track. Click on file (top right)
Import (choose file type), find file location in browser, click on the file you want to import and wait for it to load.
Jimmy69 is you best bet with Cubase stuff.
It might be worth you starting a similar thread over in the Cubase section, that's where your more likely to get the help you need.
Good luck
Rich

I didn't think it supported drag and drop at all? So just use the import menu and it will create the track for you on the timeline.

I didn't think it supported drag and drop at all? So just use the import menu and it will create the track for you on the timeline.
Doesn't seem to support bugger all! I have Cubase Ess4 (and LE6 but not on this PC) so I right click on a small .wav file on the desktop and sure'nuff Cubase opens. But to a blank page! I click "File Open" and find the .wav "Invalid file type" Try an MP3 "Invalid file type" . Try "File import" Audio is greyed out. Check VST connections? Yup, 2496 ins and out all present and correct. So...you actually have to set up a project, multiple clikkerydoodahs, JUST to get Cubase to import and play a bloody file!

In Samplitude SE8 or Silver I JUST "Open With" and the DAW leaps into life and loads the file. Same for Adobe Audition. (not tried Reaper yet)

Cubase is an excellent program and probably none better for MIDI work but tis a PITA for general use! No wonder I only bought them for Son and I only open it to help bods on forums!

Yes, Reaper "Opens With" but it is not in the list. Can anyone tell me how to PUT it in the Open With list please? I do not want to tick the "Always use this progg....." box.

Dave.

Back