cubase le to protools - importing wavs

darrvid

So, I recorded a project on my own equipment using cubase le. I've done my basic audio edits, and have bounced those tracks to create wav files I want to import into a protools session at my school. I'm on a really really tight schedule for doing the mix, and want to make sure I'm not going to be wasting time trying to get the wavs imported.

First, I'm using win xp, the school uses a mac. I planned on burning the wavs to a CD, and for good measure putting them on my USB key. Anything I should know about win->mac compatiblity with this?

Second, once I have the wavs recognized by the mac, its as simple as
file->import just like importing any other wav file, right?

Thanks for the help.

I think so.

I think you have to "import to track" if you want them to go directly into the session as tracks. Otherwise the go into your file pool and you have to drag them out from there.

The nice thing is you don't have to create the tracks first- just "Import to track" and (wham!) your session is pretty much set up with the exported cubase files.

Have fun,
Chris

cool, so I shouldn't have any problems with this going from windows to a mac? I remember back in high school my floppys from home wouldn't work at school since they had macs. Something like data files burned to a cd is no problem though?

Back