cubase le + OX tiger?

cheetah23

Just got a macbook pro and I'm looking for an affordable interface solution (less than Can $700) to do some recording- sometimes just me, sometimes with a band. I've read alot about compatability issues with ox tiger and cubase le.. I'm aware that there is a new version (1.08 or something) but im still weary of spending the money. Has anyone interfaced a firepod with the new macbook pros and succesfully used cubase le.... I'm tired of buying stuff and regretting it...

theres an available le update which is downloadable, i have it but dont use it cause i have digital peformer. i need more than 2 simultaneous tracks

i've seen people talk about some sort of cubase firepod template that you can download that might make all 10 channels recordable, but i can't comment on the validity of that. i've never looked it up. not sure if it will also be UB compatible.

ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/Cubase_LE_1/1.0.10.110/Cubase_LE_1.0.10.110_Version_History.pdf

The following new features have been added in Cubase LE version 1.0.9

- Number of simultaneous recording/playback channels have been increased to 4 mono or stereo

So you can record 8 tracks... (4 stereo) You just have to split the stereo tracks into dual mono after recording somehow.

Be careful though since the update (from what I hear) also reduces the number of VSTI's you can use.

There are some bugs fixed- and if they're effecting you, you may well want to change.

On the other hand, there are new restrictions- notably, only two VSTis at a time can be used in a project (my version of LE allows 8). I don't know what "updating" would do to previous projects already using more than two VSTis- and I'm not game to find out!
Make good music!

Last edited:
Back