Cubase LE - MultiMix16 Firewire problems

Crash ©

Not sure if the problem is with Cubase, the MultiMix, the laptop or me here..

What I can do...
Get sound in and out of the MultiMix, both to and from the laptop as well as across all channels of the MultiMix to the headphones...

What I have done...
Got ONE really nasty sounding audio track. I was trying to get one vocal and one accoustic guitar track. Both were done with no effects. Guitar on the line in of Channel 1 and the vocal on the Channel 2 XLR. Both showed output on the MultiMix meter w/ sound coming back through the headphones. Running into the laptop via Firewire, Cubase only caught Track 1 of the guitar. Couldn't get Cubase to play back the track, so I cut it down to MP3 and ran it back through Media Player. If I was trying to get a nasty grinding death metal sound out I prolly woulda been awfully proud of the accomplishment.

What I can't do now...
Record anything, not even a nasty grinding death metal sound...

I've gone through books and double checked all the settings I can think of that I woulda tried and tweaked on, but can't come up with anything... Windows Sound Properties are all pointing towards the MultiMix as are the Cubase ASIO Settings...

I've tried the updated drivers off the Alesis website, but they aren't wanting to work.. Need to have .Net 1.1.4something... I've got .Net 2.0 and it's kicking it back at me as not compatable... I've emailed Alesis about the problem with the .Net/ MultiMix driver issue, but haven't heard back yet.. Only been a few working hours now so... Emailed about that before I found all the other problems with getting tracks recorded, so they haven't heard about the rest of it yet...

As of Tuesday night I've got all the latest and greatest Windows updates..

THXIA for any ideas, help, or hair styling tips...

--
Rob

Back